Wednesday, July 9, 2008
I did the next step at last!
Yes! The sewing machine needle did hit my project today! It is a small miracle since I have been trying to make a moment in my day to sew. It seems that the time I set aside to sew is sucked up by something different everyday. To day it was trying to take care of the dental bill that should have been paid by the insurance MONTHS ago.
I did put the straps on the front bodice and connected the smocking. It was all good until I realized that the bodice has a rounded bottom edge and the smocking was straight so the bottom does not look 'right' to me. It did take my two tries on one side and three tries on the other side to get the straps to match up right.