Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oliver + S Pajamas





The top and pants for the PJ's are done. This is my first oliver+s pattern Bedtime Story Pajamas that I have finished, although I purchased a couple of other patterns.

After measuring my daughter carefully I made a size 6, the pattern runs a little small for my taste, so next time I will make it bigger. I had to cut at least three inches from the pant legs for my stubby little one, and about the same amount for the sleeves.

Here is a picture of the top open. The pajamas have a Kimono top which meas that thy tie in two places. I was not sure how my daughter would like the tie on the inside, but the first thing she said was that she could not feel it. I hope it stays that way.



I do not have a serger, so the 1/2 inch seams are finished with a three-step zigzag overcasting.



The pattern has a great tip, to put a bit of ribbon in the back to help when putting them on.



I also put a satin binding around the hem of the pants, instead of just folding them up.


No comments: