Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Pin cushion caddy


Free is sometimes scary to me. I often feel that I get what I pay for. I printed out the pin cushion caddy pattern a while ago, but did not make it. I found the pattern again and decided to toss the pattern or make it. So I gave it a try.

The directions are good, but some of the measurements are off to me. I do not under stand why a pattern would say to sew something with 3/8 seam allowance and then "if they don't fit well together, you may need to adjust the seam allowance" WHAT! There are eight seams to adjust! Then another part of the pattern has a 1/2 seam allowance but it has an interfacing piece that is 11 1/2, and a base piece that is 12. If these measurement are correct then there is not enough of the base piece for the seam.

My try at this is done, and I have two nice pincushions, but they don't look much like the picture example on the pattern instructions.

No comments: