Sunday, July 20, 2008

Denim Does Pleat


I wanted to start my next project while I get myself mentally ready to do the seven button holes. I found an AS&E dress that is denim. I knew that I had some in my stash from when I made a "Elmo" dress. I found the denim, but it was not as light weight as I had wanted. I went to Jo Ann's, but they did not have anything different (which makes sense, I am sure I got it there before). I decided to try to pleat it.

After running a small piece through without thread, I threaded the 24 needles and ran the fabric through. I made sure to take the pleats off the needles about every five that got stacked on. It is only a panel that is 25 inches across, but it can be done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I learned how the pleater worked. I have a friend who pleats ribbons. I love the look of the pleats (and so does she). Now I don't do the rest of the work on it - I use it as textured backgrounds for CQ work and such.